May 10th, 2013
The Downtown Business Association (or DBA) has special plans for May, and they'd like to invite all Downtown Circleville Businesses to participate! The May meeting will be 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 21 at Gibbys (126 W. Main St).
Special Speaker: Kirk McMahon will talk about the progress of the Circleville City Schools Building project.
One of the DBA goals this year is to have meetings at different times during the day/week. So, for those of you who can't make the morning meeting....this is your chance!
Other Events Coming Up or Happening:
1) There are Great shopping choices for Mom this weekend, so shop local Downtown Circleville for some great ideas! There are also some great places to take Mom out to eat on Mother's Day.
2) If you missed being a donor at the visitors bureau, the Bloodmobile will be at Amity Home Healthcare from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 16.
3) The Soldier's Monumental is having it's annual Memorial Day Program, and is asking for participants. If you would like to be in the parade on May 27, contact Dennis Lester, 412-4065--floats, decorated vehicles, bands---the more the merrier! The day starts with the courthouse chimes at 8 a.m. The program begins at 8:30 a.m. at High Street Cemetery with a flag ceremony. At 9 a.m., the parade will go to Forest Cemetery. At Soldier's Glen, flag ceremonies will be repeated. Patriotic music will be played by the Circleville High School and Everts Middle school combined bands and the Logan Elm High School Band as a part of the program. The Soldier's Monumental Directors will then go to Hitler Ludwig Cemetery for an 11:15 a.m. Ceremony.
4) Be sure to see the new ArtsaRound displays for May and June located in and around Downtown Circleville.
- David Hall will be at the Circleville Herald Building with clay, glass, metal and stone pieces.
- JP Pennell is displaying black and white photos and litho prints at Brown Memorial.
- Westfall Middle Art Club will be displaying at Scioto Valley Coffee and Pickaway County Library.
Don't forget, if you own a Downtown Circleville Business or are a member of the DBA please mark your calendars for the May 21st evening meeting.
Eat, Mingle, Sip, N' Shop Your Local Downtown Circleville, Ohio!
April 17th, 2013
Question.If someone stopped you with a map here in Downtown Circleville and asked where the "tourist or scenic part" of Circleville began or was, what would you tell them? Would you send them to another town? Do you know enough about our town to understand where the "tourist, scenic parts" are? Would you just compare Downtown Circleville to other towns?
April 12th, 2013
The 2013 Americana Music Series will conclude in downtown Circleville on Saturday evening, April 20, with the Songwriter Showcase, hosted by Eric Gnezda, and featuring Kay Harris, Molly Pauken, and Peter Cary. They will perform in the Music Room in the rear of JR Hooks Café, located at 115 Watt Street Read More...
April 11th, 2013
Get Your Dance On April 13th!Circleville High SchoolNoon - 5 pmAcross the United States and in your community —Dance, learn simple ways to stay healthy, enjoy music, fashion shows and participate in health screenings. Reserve your free tickets today at bergerhealth.com!
April 2nd, 2013
This Downtown Circleville, Ohio website is owned and operated by Calebweb.com, a Division of E-Quiver, Inc. Likewise the Facebook page at...https://www.facebook.com/DowntownCirclevilleOhio ...is owned and operated by Calebweb.com. These sites were created in an attempt to help the outside world find the many cool and special things about Downtown Circleville, Ohio Read More...
February 24th, 2013
Over the past few weeks we have heard from some folks who feel we need to attract more "chain stores" like American Eagle, Sharper Image or Macy's to Downtown Circleville Ohio. This is an interesting thought. So I thought I would post a different point of view as to why I feel we do NOT need the "chain stores" within the historic district of Downtown Circleville Read More...
February 19th, 2013
Here recently we have been posting a lot of information about Downtown Circleville. Some have questioned as to what area we are talking about here on this site and also on our Facebook page at...https://www.facebook.com/DowntownCirclevilleOhioSo here is our description:We describe "Downtown Circleville" as the 3 blocks north, south, east and west of Court and Main Streets Read More...
February 13th, 2013
Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of talk in town about how there is "nothing for kids to do" anymore. The bowling alley and skating rink burned down and the movie theater closed and there is nothing for kids to do. The strange part is, no one really seems to understand what the real issue appears to be! We are talking about kids here, but it is kind of funny that parents and kids alike do not seem understand that the problem is just simple, grade school, mathematics Read More...
February 12th, 2013
We know there are a lot of choices when it comes to finding a Valentine's gift for your special someone. All we ask is that you would consider the many options that are available for you right here in good ol' Downtown Circleville, Ohio.Something unique, something different, something special.Gifts from local folks, supporting local, showing your love for local while you show your love for your loved one Read More...
February 5th, 2013
Continuing the romantic thoughts and things you can do with your special someone in Downtown Circleville. You can treat them to a day of spoil in Downtown Circleville!More ideas:1) Stop by Wittich's Candy Shop and buy some Circleville made chocolate.2) See a movie at The Movie House.3) Get a "couples massage" at Aufait Touch Day Spa Read More...